بسم الله الرحمان الريم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
~May these personal reminders be of sincere beenfit to you and reach you in the best of unwavering emaan, exemplary taqwa and polished health always, ameen.~

Monday, September 24, 2007

Having tasted sorrow

With tears in my eyes and thoughts in my mind, I seize my urge to stain the pages of my blog.
This Ramadhan has been a real reflective ground, a means for me to really get to know . . . me. Waiting anxiously for the last ten days, as I first strive through the remaining eight, thoughtfully I write. Reason for this entry? Unknown. . . but needed:
'Such benevolence had my Lord bestowed upon me
Giving me the true feeling of floating ashore.
So, how could I possibly have understood the essence of joy
Without ever having tasted sorrow long before.'
© 2007 Umm Thameenah

1 comment:

Glimpses of Insight said...

Indeed, agony mellows our hearts, and a little mirth after that, seems abundant. Truly, the worth of joys is known only after we experience the levels of tolerance in hardships.

Masha’Allah, you are too poetic, with added sensibilities…I mean, you express well the ebb & flow of your passions and thoughts!

your brother-in-islam

abdul jawad