بسم الله الرحمان الريم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
~May these personal reminders be of sincere beenfit to you and reach you in the best of unwavering emaan, exemplary taqwa and polished health always, ameen.~

Friday, December 14, 2007

'And so I ask. . .?'

Do you even see me? Or not?
Am I something you acknowledge from within?

Have you ever asked me? Or not?
I've never once uttered that I was free of sin.

Do I look content to you? Or not?
Though you clearly recognise the twinkle in my eyes.

. . . Am I oppressed? Absolutely not!
For I live, to return beyond the skies.

© Dec 2007 Umm Thameenah

2 comments:

Glimpses of Insight said...

Your poem depicts 'the art of questioning'for provoking conscience.

At the end, masha'Allah you seem to be bold enough

Br. Abdul Jawad

Anonymous said...

Mash'Allah Umm Thameenah!

My favourite so far :)