بسم الله الرحمان الريم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
~May these personal reminders be of sincere beenfit to you and reach you in the best of unwavering emaan, exemplary taqwa and polished health always, ameen.~

Friday, April 11, 2008

Only You Know . . . Your Love for me is Greater.

As I sit contemplating my current state, my situation and spiritual level, I recall a beneficial reminder, one that often goes forgotten and yet should always be recalled:
When Allah (Swt) wishes good for His servant,
He will test them with the very things they hold dear. . .
And suddenly it all begins to make sense. . . Do I hold my health dear to me? Well, to be honest I've never really thought about it until I started being tested with it. . . So maybe that's it! My lack of appreciation, gratitude and love for the health Allah (Swt) bestowed upon me is the cause of it being taken away. . . Allah Knows Best.
Whatever the situation may be, I won't let the shaytaan trick me into feeling pity for myself, no! And neither will I allow him to make me question my Lord (Swt)'s Decree, absolutely not!
For I know that Allah (Swt) ONLY tests those that He (Swt) Loves, thus how can I feel anything but pleasure and delight at suuch a thought.
My love for Allah (Swt) is more than words or even actions could possibly portray - this I know is known only to my Lord Alone.
So maybe, just maybe, this is my Lord's Way of telling me that He (The Creator of The Heavens and earth) Loves me too . . .
Wishful thinking? No . . . merely tawakkul - trust.
Ameen.

3 comments:

Solace said...

This is an interesting observation you have made, I have never thought of it in such a way.

Anonymous said...

SubhanAllah, this is an excellent reminder for us to take care of what Allah subhnahu wa ta'ala has lent us, our bodies and our health. BarakAllah feekeh ya ukhti.I pray He subhnahu wa ta'ala makes any pain a means of benefit for you and a way to reach Jannah al Firdaus. Ameen.

Hamid said...

salamunalaikum...!

Hope your boat of life sailing smoothly over the water of time...

(I ask Allaah) that He makes you from those (people) that, when given are thankful; and when tested, are patient; and when they sin, they repent. And verily these three are the keys to happiness--Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhaab